My Review of 'Emergency Contact' by Mary H.K. Choi | Whimsical Soul

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

“I like knowing that you exist. It doesn't make me feel any less lonely, because life is lonely, but it makes me feel a lot less alone.”


I like knowing that books like these exist out there in this world, books that make you smile from ear to ear while you are reading them. 

Gawwdd this book was amazingggg, probably the best I read this year so far. I loved everything about it. Penny and Sam were so endearing and adorkable. 

This book also has some really amazing quotes that are soooo swoon-worthy you just can't get over them. I know that there is a lot being said about how Penny and Sam are not very nice people and how they are mean to people around them, but it didn't matter to me. I just love the idea of two people being attracted towards each other when they generally dislike most people around them. Finding that person who is almost like you and speaks your language fluently must definitely feel extraordinary.

I also loved how they could communicate with each other without any inhibitions and pour their hearts out to each other and reveal their deepest secrets and dreams in the process. It's so true when Sam said he wanted to find someone who already had a fat folder on him and felt lucky to know all the unflattering stuff about him. 

The conversations that take place between Penny and Sam are to die for. They were witty, charming, and endearing. Highly recommend this book if you love to read cute love stories and are fans of books like Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.

“She smiled.

Sam smiled back.

She died.”


View all my reviews here 👉 click here



Comments

Popular Posts